Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sorrowful Silence

"Take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth.... I will speak of Thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed" (Psalm 119:43,46). "Yea, My reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things" (Proverbs 23:16). "And Pilate asked Him again, saying, Answerest thou nothing? Behold how many things they witness against thee. But Jesus yet answered nothing, so that Pilate marvelled" (Mark 15:4,5). "As a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so He openeth not His mouth" (Isaiah 53:7).

Jesus Christ, my suffering Lamb,
Defended me in silence
For all my sin, for all I am,
And all of my defiance.

The time for silence now is gone;
The time to speak is here,
As in our day we're called upon
To make the Gospel clear!

So let this world hear our voice
While yet we may be heard,
And let our Savior's heart rejoice,
To hear His faithful Word!

For such as time as this we stand
To speak in Jesus' name,
So let us speak by His command
And never be ashamed.

No comments: