Friday, May 15, 2009

Prospect of Prayer

"I love the Lord, because He hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because He hath inclined His ear unto me, therefore will I call upon Him as long as I live.... For Thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling" (Psalm 116:1,2,8). "Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.... When ye pray, believe" (Mark 11:22,24).

Because the Lord has heard my prayer,
Because I called, and He was there,
Because I know that He will care,
He will hear me when I pray.

Because He heard my supplication,
Because He answered with salvation,
Because He gave this invitation,
All my cares on Him I'll lay.

Because He rescued me from fear,
Because He wiped away each tear,
Because He promised to be near,
He will lead me all the way.

Because He hears the faintest voice,
Because He calls me to rejoice,
Because He gives this gracious choice,
I will call on Him each day.

Because He calls me to believe,
Because each prayer He will receive,
Because He said He'll never leave,
I will trust Him and obey.

No comments: