Friday, May 22, 2009

Certified Certainty

"Teach me, O Lord.... Give me understanding.... Stablish Thy Word unto Thy servant" (Psalm 119:33,34,38). "That thy trust may be in the Lord, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee. Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, that I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth, that thou mightest answer the words of truth?" (Proverbs 22:19-21).

Thank You, Lord, for certainty!
Amidst this age that has no clue,
I know the Truth that makes me free,
The Truth that points me back to You!

Thank You, Lord, for all You taught
By prophets that You were commanding.
The words they wrote contained Your thought,
Which now fulfilled, give understanding.

Thank You, Lord, for absolutes
In counsels that You certified.
This is where we find our roots:
In words of truth now verified.

Thank You, Lord, for making known
This day Your truth to even me!
The evidence that You have shown
Has now removed uncertainty!

Thank You, Lord, for opened eyes
To trust in You to save my soul
And evidence that certifies
The Gospel Truth that makes us whole!

No comments: