Monday, March 23, 2009

Marvelous Murmurings

"When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I. For Thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Thy tabernacle forever: I will trust in the covert of Thy wings" (Psalm 61:2-4). "Blessed are your eyes, for the see: and your ears, for they hear" (Matthew 13:16).

In those times when I'm distressed
And overwhelmed within,
I may forget how much I'm blessed;
Then murmurings begin.

And when I am in such a case,
God knows what I require:
He leads me to that lofty place,
Up to the Rock that's higher.

From heights that reach eternity
I now can view my lot:
The shelter God has been for me,
And what His grace has wrought.

How marvelous my murmurings
In view of what God did!
He healed me by His sufferings,
And in Him I am hid!

With eyes that see and ears that hear
From heaven's point of view,
The blessings now are very clear,
That flow, O Lord, from You.

Forgive my murmurings, O Lord!
What was I thinking of?
My vantage point has been restored,
By Your amazing love!

No comments: