Monday, March 02, 2009

Comfort of His Coming

"Sacrifice and offering Thou didst not desire; Mine ears hast Thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast Thou not required. Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of Me, I delight to do Thy will, O My God: yea, Thy law is within My heart" (Psalm 40:6-8). "He which testifieth of these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Revelation 22:17,20).

The sacrificial offerings that God did not desire,
Were only shadows of the One who came to do His will.
The Lord Himself declared "I come" to do what God required,
As written in the volume of the Book He would fulfill.

Indeed, the Lamb of God has come, and just as it was written;
What comfort this conveys to us, confirming thus His Word!
For He has said "I come" again, no longer to be smitten,
As written in the volume of the Book we are assured.

How thrilling, Lord, it is to read this promise in Your Book!
Even so, Lord Jesus, come; Your people say: "Amen!"
So as we labor in Your love, and as we us upward look,
We'll comfort one another with Your promise until then.

No comments: