Saturday, May 12, 2007

Drawn by the Drought

"O God, Thou art my God; early will I seek Thee: my soul thirsteth for Thee, my flesh longeth for Thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is.... Because Thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise Thee.... My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise Thee with joyful lips" (Psalm 63:1-5).

I was drawn by the drought that parches this earth,
By a life lived without any meaning or worth.
Then looking above, in the thirst of my soul,
I found, Lord, Your love filled my cup to the full.

Yes, Your lovingkindness has quenched my soul's thirst,
Gave sight for my blindness, Your best for my worst,
Is better, far better, than life at its best,
Has broken each fetter, and given me rest.

No comments: