Thursday, May 10, 2007

Higher Rock of a Humbler Role

"From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I" (Psalm 61:2). "And [He] saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all" (Mark 9:35).

Lead me, Lord, when I shall cry,
To Your throne, that lofty realm,
To that higher rock than I,
When my heart is overwhelmed.

I'm led by love that none can drown,
To the heights of Jesus love.
I see the love that brought Him down,
From His dwelling place above.

Thus I find this higher rock
Has brought me lower to the earth.
Showing me much more than talk:
Love in action, and its worth.

The higher rock, the holy call,
Here from this summit I can see:
Those who are the last of all
Shall rise by their humility.

No comments: