Monday, January 22, 2007

Message in my Mouth

"Take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in Thy judgments" (Psalm 119:43). "Hear the words of the wise... they shall withal be fitted in thy lips.... Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, that I might make thee know the certainly of the words of truth, that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?" (Proverbs 22:17-21).

It seems magnificent to me
That I should hold the word
That fills me with such certainty
By what I've seen and heard.

I've seen the words of prophecy
In history fulfilled.
I've heard the truth that sets me free,
And by it I am thrilled.

What a message in my heart
And in my mouth You gave!
Let my lips, Oh Lord, impart
Your word of truth to save.

No comments: