Monday, January 08, 2007

Majesty and Mercy

"The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit Thou at My right hand, until I make Thine enemies Thy footstool.... The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a Priest forever after the order of Melchizedek" (Psalm 110:4). "We have such an High Priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heavens... He saith.... I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more" (Hebrew 8:1,8,12).

We have Priest with majesty
At God's right hand above
Who tasted death for you and me,
Compelled by His own love.

His majesty and mercy plead,
With righteousness and peace,
To satisfy our deepest need,
And make our joy increase.

Ordained a Priest forever thus,
Our iniquities He bore,
That sins should never sever us,
Remembering them no more.

No comments: