Sunday, January 14, 2007

Haste vs. Hope

"Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the Lord hath dealt bountifully with thee.... I said in my haste, All men are liars" (Psalm 116:7,11). " [It is] impossible for God to lie.... For consider Him that endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds" (Hebrews 6:18, 12:2,3).

I said in my haste that all men are liars,
And after long thought, I know it is true!
God who examines our deepest desires
Knows our deception, so this is not new.

Yet hope still abounds in the Savior who came,
For it is impossible for Jesus to lie.
True to His promise and true to His name,
Jesus in faithfulness went forth to die.

Looking to Jesus who promised to rise,
What freedom we find! What joy to the full!
Though all men be liars, they can't victimize
Our hope in the Lord and His peace in our soul.

No comments: