Sunday, May 08, 2005

God and Guest

"And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zaccheus, make haste, and come down; for today I must abide at thy house. And he made haste, and came down, and received Him joyfully. And when they saw it, they all murmured saying, that He was gone to be Guest with a man that is a sinner" (Luke 19:5-7).

Guest of sinners, Friend so dear,
Make Yourself at home right here!
Though You know my heart's a mess,
Come on in, Lord, purge and bless.

Guest of sinners! What surprise!
I scarcely could believe my eyes!
But there You were, right at my door,
And you came in as Guest and Lord.

Guest of sinners, have Your way,
Now that You have come to stay.
The place looks better since You're here.
There's more to do; You've made that clear.

Guest of sinners, come abide,
And take the highest place inside.
Come and dine, commune with me.
Rule my heart, Lord, make me free.

No comments: