Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Haughty or Humble?

Read:  Psalm 131 / Proverbs 17 / Eccl. 11 /Luke 4

 

Psalm 131:1 ~ LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.

Proverbs 17:3 ~ The fining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the LORD trieth the hearts.

Ecclesiastes 11:5 ~ As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.

Luke 4:18,19 ~ The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor… to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

 

If we are haughty or are humble, 

Our life shall soon display that fact,

For we shall either stand or stumble

When trials come and we react.  

 

If we correctly view creation,

We shall be humbled and amazed. 

Still more, as we survey salvation,

Our Savior rightly shall be praised!

 

https://quiettimepoems.blogspot.com/

No comments: