Friday, April 01, 2016

Fall of the Fool


"God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause His face to shine upon us… that Thy way may be known upon earth, Thy saving health among all nations" (Psalm 67:1,2).  "Turn you at My reproof: behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known My words unto you… for the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them" (Proverbs 1:23,32).  "These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you" (1 John 2:26). 

There is a choice we all must make
Between salvation and seduction. 
The latter is the great mistake
That brings the fool to his destruction.

The fool may trust in fleeting wealth
And be seduced by sinful pleasure,
Yet we may show the saving health
Of God's salvation that we treasure.   

Prosperity may bring the fall
Of fools who turn away from God. 
God's Spirit is reproving all,
But fools prefer what men applaud. 

Lord, in our hearts now come and rule
And cleanse us from seduction's lust,
Lest we should fall as does the fool
Who never placed in You his trust.  


No comments: