Thursday, June 05, 2014

Waiting for His Word


“I will hear what God the LORD will speak: for He will speak peace unto His people… Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other” (Psalm 85:8-10).  “They crucified Him… When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, He said, It is finished” (John 19:30). 

I’ll wait to hear what God will speak;
Let all the other chatter cease! 
The Lord will answer those who seek,
And He will show to them His peace. 

I hear the word that He has spoken:
His mercy and His truth have met!
Their bond of peace shall not be broken;
His promise He shall not forget. 

His righteousness and peace kissed: 
They are forever reconciled!
Though judgment cannot be dismissed,
His blood can cleanse the soul defiled! 

These words have been fulfilled in Christ
Who suffered on the cross for us. 
The Lamb of God was sacrificed;  
His grace and truth are marvelous! 

I scarcely now can take it in
That Christ my Lord has died for me
To take away my dreadful sin
And save my soul eternally! 

It’s not my word but rather HIS
That fills me with this confidence:   
He said it’s FINISHED, so it IS!
I’m resting in my Lord’s defense.

O Lord, I’ve waited for Your word
For comfort, for admonishment,
And for instruction which I’ve heard
That leaves me in astonishment! 

I’ve waited for Your word of grace,  
Amazed to hear, Lord, all You did
That I might find my Hiding Place
In You where I am safely hid!


No comments: