Friday, June 27, 2014

Continuing our Course


“O my Lord… teach us what we shall do” (Judges 13:8).  “They cried unto the LORD… and He led them forth by the right way” (Psalm 107:6,7).  “My son, be wise, and make My heart glad… Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds” (Proverbs 27:11,13).  “Neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God” (Acts 20:24). 

The Lord will teach us what to do
So we may stay on course each day. 
His counsel every day is new;
Our God will guide us all the way. 

It is our joy to seek His pleasure
As He has called us to be wise. 
Our testimony is His treasure,
Which to His glory testifies.

He calls us to be diligent
Regarding flocks now in our care. 
Each one of them to us was sent
By Christ, who numbers every hair. 

May life we hold be not so dear
That it would serve as a distraction. 
The coming of the Lord draws near:
His pleasure is our satisfaction! 

Our course’s end is just ahead! 
Our Savior surely knows its length,
And He will help us, as He said,
That we may finish with His strength. 

O Lord, the ministry we hold
Is ours for just a little while
To feed the flocks within Your fold,
To know their state, and seek Your smile. 

Our time on earth shall soon be done. 
Lord, grant us strength to run this race,
Continuing our course we run
As we, with joy, declare Your grace. 


No comments: