Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hopeless Heart

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, to give every man according to his ways, and according to he fruit of his doings... Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for Thou art my praise" (Jeremiah 17:9,10,14).

Lord, You've seen this heart of mine;
You've searched it through and through.
There's nothing there that would incline
My heart to follow You.

Oh hopeless heart! Where shall I turn
To heal your wretchedness?
What physician can discern
And treat you with success?

Lord, You know I have no hope
Unless You intervene.
Your eyes search like a microscope;
You know that I'm unclean.

In view of what You have revealed,
A hopeless heart depraved,
Lord, heal me, and I shall be healed;
Save, and I'll be saved.

For You, Lord, have foretold abroad
By prophecies and types
That You became the Lamb of God,
Who heals us by Your stripes.

What shall I render to You, Lord,
For blessings You impart?
I'll give You what I can afford:
My healed, once hopeless heart.

No comments: