Saturday, June 07, 2008

Correction with Compassion

"O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in anger, lest Thou bring me to nothing" (Jeremiah 10:23,24).

Correct me, O Lord, as You watch from above.
You know how quickly my feet tend to stray.
I know You correct, not in anger, but love,
That You might direct us in Your perfect way.

For I know that the right way of man is found,
Not in himself, Lord, but only in You.
How did we get here, and where are we bound?
Only Your Word, Lord, declares what is true.

Comfort me, Lord, by Your staff and Your rod.
Your loving correction refreshes my soul.
How great are Your mercies, my Lord and my God,
Discovered by all who will give You control.

No comments: