Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Rise to the Rock

"From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For Thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.... So will I sing praise unto Thy name forever, that I may daily perform my vows" (Psalm 61:2,3,8).

From the end of the earth, O Lord, hear my cry:
Lift me and lead me upon higher ground.
Lord, up to the Rock that is higher than I:
This is the place that I want to be found.

To the Rock that is higher than I will I rise.
To the Shelter in Christ will I flee.
To the Tower of strength will I lift up my eyes;
Lord, You have been all these for me.

So daily, O Lord, I will lift up my prayer,
For daily I know I'll be needing Your aid.
Each day I will rise to the Rock of Your care,
That I may perform, Lord, the vows that I made.

No comments: