Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Lucifer's Loudness

"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth" (Isaiah 46:10). "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which did weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High: yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit" (Isaiah 14:12-14).

Above the roar as men applaud
The boasting of the proud,
Be still and know the Lord is God
While this is yet allowed.

For Lucifer was loud as well,
Exalting thus his name,
And yet his destiny is hell,
To be brought down with shame.

Be still, and see the judgment rod
That silenced Satan's cry,
Who thought that he could be like God,
Believing his own lie.

Let every boasting tongue be halted
To hear what God has said:
That surely He will be exalted
To be the nations' Head.

No comments: