Friday, December 08, 2006

Intercession for His Inheritance

"The Lord spake unto me, saying, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people.... I prayed therefore unto the Lord, and said.... Yet they are Thy people and Thine inheritance, which Thou broughtest out by Thy mighty power and by Thy stretched out arm" (Deuteronomy 9:13, 26, 29). "Wherefore I also... cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers... that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of His inheritance in the saints" (Ephesians 1:15-18). "Therefore my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved" (Philippians 4:1).

They are dearly beloved, yet stubborn as well.
Pray for the people of God gone astray.
God's own inheritance, oft will rebel;
It's easy to criticize, harder to pray.

They need intercession, not only reproof.
Pray for the saints whose hearts have grown cold.
Pray, plead, reprove, but don't stand aloof,
Lest your heart be hardened like those you behold.

No comments: