Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Wisdom's Warning

"Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets... in the city she uttereth her words, saying, How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity, and scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at My reproof: behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known My words unto you" (Proverbs 1:20-23). "The Lord's voice crieth unto the city, and the man of wisdom shall see Thy name: hear ye the rod, and Who hath appointed it" (Micah 6:9).

The voice of the Lord has cried to the city;
Hear His reproof, sinner, hear now the rod.
Turn by His Spirit, yet warning with pity:
Flee from the judgment of Almighty God!

How long will you scoff at His voice of reproof?
How long will you yawn in the Almighty's face?
How long will you stand unashamed and aloof?
How long will you snub His astonishing grace?

No comments: