Sunday, February 26, 2006

Words about Wounds

"And one shall say unto Him, What are these wounds in Thine hands? Then He shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of My friends. Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd, and against the Man that is My Fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: smite the Shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered" (Zechariah 13:6,7). "And when He has so said, He showed unto them His hands and His side. Then were the disciples glad when they saw the Lord" (John 20:20).

What are these wounds in my good Shepherd's hands?
Why are they marred in this way?
Speak to me, Lord, till my heart understands:
What will You answer and say?

These are the wounds with which I was smitten
When I walked in the house of My friends.
These are the marks of love that are written
And the proof that My love never ends.

These are reminders of salvation's price
That I paid on the cross to the full.
These are the tokens of My sacrifice
That I offered to ransom your soul.

No comments: