Thursday, September 22, 2005

Truth for Training

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it... That thy trust may be in the Lord, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee. Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, that I might make thee to know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?" (Proverbs 22:6, 19-21).

Train up your children the way they should go;
Yet what is the standard for truth?
Where can we find the words that we know
Will guide them aright in their youth?

Eureka! The words that are better than gold
We may find in God's excellent Word!
These counsels of truth will remain when they're old;
They shall never forget what they heard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless you. I completely agree with your posting about raising children.

I occasionally hit "next blog" to see what other people have to say... I was pleasantly surprised to come upon yours. Amidst all the negativity, I found a page about God!

I have a 4-month old little girl, Grace, at home. She is the light of my life. Without her as God's one true blessing in my life, I would be a completely different person. And without his unconditional love, I would be lost.

Have a great week,
Katie
katiejoeandgrace.blogspot.com