Monday, July 04, 2005

Lord of Liberty

Independence Day

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh ... And on My servants and on My handmaidens I will pour out in those days of My Spirit .... And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:17-21). "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Corinthians 3:17). "He shall divide the spoil with the strong, because He hath poured out His soul unto death" (Isaiah 53:12). "Proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof" (Leviticus 25:10).

To high and to low, to rich and to poor,
Our God will pour out of His Spirit.
And He is dividing the spoils of war;
Let all the inhabitants hear it!

The battle was fought at Calvary,
Where Jesus our Lord overcame!
The spoils: salvation and liberty,
To all who will call on His name!

No comments: