Friday, July 29, 2005

Treasures of Truth

"The Lord knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.... In the multitude of my thoughts within me Thy comforts delight my soul" (Psalm 94:11,19). "For men shall be.... ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.... But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and been assured of.... from a child thou hast known the Holy Scriptures which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Jesus Christ. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:2,7,14-16).

The thoughts of man can be so vain,
So blind to truth God makes so plain.
Yes, ever learning, yet not able
To know what's truth and what is fable.

How different is God's gracious Word:
Its treasures hold His truth assured!
They chasten me, yet make me whole;
They comfort and delight my soul.

No comments: