Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Weary Wanderer

"Thou tellest my wanderings: put Thou my tears into Thy bottle: are they not in Thy book? .... Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto Thee. For Thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not Thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?" (Psalm 56:8,12,13).

With every wandering there are tears.
And Lord, You know them, every one!
Alas! Those wasted days and years,
Are now deprived of God's "Well done!"

Weary wanderer, make your vow
To live your few remaining days
For Jesus Christ, from henceforth now,
To render to your Savior praise!

For God who saved your soul from death
Can keep your feet from falling.
So give your heart, your soul, and breath,
To Christ while He is calling.

No comments: