Sunday, June 26, 2005

Hold me Higher

"From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the Rock that is higher than I" (Psalm 61:2). "Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in is might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: but let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth Me" (Jeremiah 9:23,24).

Lead me to the solid Rock that's higher than I am,
And not to this world's futile talk, its disappointing sham.
Its worldly wisdom, temporal might, and wealth are all vain;
It has no answers, strength to fight, nor everlasting gain.

Lead me on to Christ the Lord who gave Himself for me,
Who paid all heaven could afford to save and make me free.
Lead me to this higher plain, to Christ, my truest Friend!
All other ground is surely vain, both now and in the end.

No comments: