Monday, December 27, 2004

Forever Fearless

"Wherefore should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity of my heels shall compass me about?.... God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for He shall receive me. Selah" (Psalm 49:5,15). "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.... And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire" (Revelation 20:12-15). "Rejoice, because your names are written in heaven" (Luke 10:20).

Rejoice! Rejoice! As Jesus said,
Your names in heaven's book are read!
The book of life contains each name
Of those who fled from wrath and shame;
And found eternal refuge in our Lord:
Now there is no fear to look toward!

That day is surely drawing near
Do you see joy, or is it fear,
When God Almighty on His throne,
Declares who are and aren't His own.
Come to Christ! It's not too late;
You surely can't afford to wait!

No comments: