Saturday, August 07, 2004

The Remedy of Remembering

"I have considered the days of old, the years of ancient times. I call to remembrance my song in the night... I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High. I will remember the works of the Lord: surely I will remember Thy wonders of old. I will meditate also of all Thy work, and talk of Thy doings ... Who is so great a God as our God? Thou art the God that doest wonders... Thou leddest Thy people like a flock" (Psalm 77:5-20).

When life brings its sorrows and tears are outpoured,
And there’s trouble I can't understand,
I will remember the years of the Lord,
And the doings of His righteous hand.

Yes, I will remember His works in my song,
And the things that He said He would do.
I will remember He's never been wrong;
His every last promise is true.

And I will remember His mercies of old.
For who is a God like our God?
Leading His people, He cares for His fold,
And comforts with His staff and rod.

No comments: