Friday, August 08, 2008

Ushered Upward

"My voice shalt Thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto Thee, and will look up" (Psalm 5:3).

In the morning when I rise
And ponder what the day may bring,
I will early lift my eyes
To Jesus Christ, my Lord and King.

I will offer up my prayer
And dedicate to Him the day.
I will cast on Him my care
And hear what God the Lord will say.

In the morning as I read
My thoughts are ushered to the throne
Of Him who promises to lead
Each one who trusts in Him alone.

I will open then His Word,
And all His counsel I will hear.
Oh what wisdom I have heard
As to my Lord I have drawn near!

In the early morning hour
I will pray and will look up
To God for wisdom, love and power;
He will fill my empty cup.

It will overflow the brim
With blessings that my Lord has planned,
For every blessing flows from Him,
Who leads and keeps me with His hand.

No comments: