Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Kept by Kindness

"Show Thy marvelous lovingkindness.... Keep me as the apple of the eye; hide me under the shadow of Thy wings.... As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness" (Psalm 17:7,8).

Kept as the apple of God's watchful eye,
Hid in the shadow of His healing wings:
How sweetly these images thus testify
Of kindness that keeps us and mercy that clings.

In all of life's journey we rest in His love.
He faithfully leads us and calms every fear,
And when we are called to be with Him above,
We shall in His marvelous likeness appear.

We're saved by His grace, kept by His kindness,
And called to be witnesses in all the earth.
The world we live in is smitten with blindness,
With no source of healing without a new birth.

So let us be faithful to clearly make known:
The grace of our God has appeared to mankind.
In view of the marvelous love God has shown,
Let's pray for the healing of those who are blind.

No comments: