Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Would be Wise

"Arise, O God, plead Thine own cause: remember how the foolish man reproacheth Thee daily.... The tumult of those that rise up against Thee increaseth continually" (Psalm 74:22,23). My son, be wise, and make My heart glad, that I may answer him the reproacheth Me" (Proverbs 27:11).

"My son, be wise, and cheer My heart,"
I hear my Father say.
What tender words can thus impart
A longing to obey!

And since it's so that I can make
My Father's heart be glad,
Then let me finally forsake
The sin that makes Him sad!

You hear the tumult of this world,
O God, against You rise,
So while reproaches thus are hurled,
O Lord, I would be wise.

So grant me wisdom, Lord, today
And victory in the strife,
That You may have somewhat to say
By the answer of my life.

No comments: