Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Victory in the Volume

"Sacrifice and offering Thou didst not desire; mine ears hast Thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast Thou not required. Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of Me, I delight to do Thy will, O my God: yea, Thy law is within My heart" (Psalm 40:6-8). "For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect" (Hebrews 10:1). "But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Corinthians 15:57).

The volume of the book contains
The prophecy of Christ,
And clearly there our Lord explains
Why He was sacrificed.

For all the offerings of the past
Are not what God desired:
For these were only shadows cast
To show what He required.

"I come to do Thy will," He said,
In His prophetic voice:
And thus He suffered in our stead.
Give thanks to Him! Rejoice!

No comments: