Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Affliction with Affection

"Thou hast dealt well with Thy servant, O Lord, according unto Thy Word.... Before I was afflicted, I went astray: but now have I kept Thy Word.... It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn Thy statutes" (Psalm 119:65,67,71). "God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day" (Genesis 50:20).

In retrospect I clearly see,
O Lord, You have dealt well with me.
You know that I am prone to stray,
But You have led me all the way.

You used affliction with affection,
When I needed Your correction.
Just as a loving Father would,
You meant and brought it for my good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading your posts. I have a blogsite something like yours at mercifulheart.blogspot.com
The word of God is so precious and to hear His voice is such a blessing. It is good to know that someone else listens for His voice.

Quiet Time Poems said...

Amen, Lottie. The Word of God is sharp, both to woo and warn. God bless you!