Monday, July 26, 2004

Safe from Sin

"Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, Thou shalt purge them away" (Psalm 65:3). "Moreover, the Law entered, that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound" (Romans 5:20).

Iniquities in me prevailed;
Transgressions have plagued my soul.
The Law showed me where I had failed,
Demanding its judgment in full.

But Jesus has purged all my sin,
And not even one can be found!
Christ is the Refuge I'm in,
Where grace, more than sin, does abound!

1 comment:

Carlos said...

Yes! Grace abounds more than sin. If that were not true, we would be in big trouble. I wonder why so many Christians have such a hard time accepting grace?

Isn't our faith more about believing and receiving instead of earning and deserving?