Friday, April 10, 2009

Glorious Goodness

"And he [Moses] said, I beseech Thee, show me Thy glory. And He said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.... And it shall come to pass, while My glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and will cover thee with My hand while I pass by" (Exodus 33:18-22).

Show us Your glory, O Lord, as You did
When You once proclaimed it before Moses' face:
So glorious Your goodness, he had to be hid;
He couldn't behold all Your marvelous grace.

Show us Your glory that we may be wise,
Stirred by Your goodness, amazed by Your love.
We would us see Jesus! Let Him fill our eyes,
And set our affections on His things above.

Show us Your glory: may we understand
Your glorious goodness in all of creation.
Cover our souls with Your nail-pierced hand,
As we are astonished at so great salvation.

Show us Your glory, proclaiming Your name,
As now in the cleft of our Rock we can see,
Our Lord on the cross, despising the shame,
Enduring our sorrow, that we may be free.

Show us Your glory, and thus melt our hearts,
Above and beyond our poor, limited scope.
We're searching the goodness our Savior imparts,
Who fills us with treasures of mercy and hope.

No comments: