Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Reminded by Ribbons

Read:  Psalm 30 / Proverbs 12 / Numbers 15 / Colossians 1

 

Psalm 30:11,12 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing… To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent…. I will give thanks unto thee forever.

Proverbs 12:20 Deceit is in the heart of them that imagine evil: but to the counselors of peace is joy.

Numbers 15:38-40 Put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue… that ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God.

Colossians 1:10 Walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful… increasing in the knowledge of God.

 

The glory of our soul’s salvation

Has girded us with gladness now.

Let us be clothed with dedication

To Christ by grace He will endow. 

 

As ribbons on the garment borders

Were holy emblems once displayed,

We are reminded that God’s orders

Should be remembered and obeyed. 

 

 

No comments: