Monday, May 10, 2021

Press toward the Prize

Read:  Psalm 28 / Proverbs 10 / Numbers 13 / Philippians 3

 

Psalm 28:1 O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.

Proverbs 10:5 He that gathereth in summer is a wise son: but he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame.

Numbers 13:30,31 Caleb stilled the people… Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it… But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we.

Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

 

If God were silent, we would be

Without a message to proclaim,   

Like those who still refuse to see

The reason why our Savior came. 

 

But God has spoken to us all,

And those who love Him shall be wise. 

Press onward, therefore, to His call: 

Our Savior’s pleasure is our prize! 

 

 

No comments: