Monday, May 17, 2021

Comfort and Correction

Read:  Psalm 35 / Proverbs 17 / Numbers 20 / 1 Thes. 2 

 

Psalm 35:3,22 Say unto my soul, I am thy Salvation… O LORD: keep not silence: O Lord, be not far from me.

Proverbs 17:17 A Friend loveth at all times, and a Brother is born for adversity.

Numbers 20:10-24 Moses… said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock?...  And the LORD spake unto Moses… Ye rebelled against My word.

1 Thessalonians 2:4 But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the Gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.

 

I need to hear what God will say

To comfort and correct my heart. 

Sometimes I’m prone to go astray,

Yet as a Friend, He won’t depart. 

 

Because I am allowed to speak

The Gospel that proclaims His love,

He tries my heart that I may seek

His perfect wisdom from above. 

 

 

No comments: