Friday, December 31, 2010

Principle of Praise

"One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after, that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in His temple.... When Thou saidst, Seek ye My face, my heart said unto Thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek" (Psalm 27:4,8).

Our resolutions may compete
Beyond the New Year's dawn.
The old year then will be complete
And time shall press us on.

How then shall we now decide
What goals are best and worst?
Let this be our surest guide:
To put our Savior first!

Seek then first our awesome Lord
And dwell upon His beauty
That He may rightly be adored
And purify our duty.

Behold the beauty of our King,
And give Him all your heart.
Prioritizing this ONE THING
Brings blessing from the start.

Then let this principle of praise
Ensure our greatest gain,
For this shall guarantee our days
Shall not be spent in vain.

No comments: