Tuesday, April 30, 2024

His Names meet Human Needs

Read:  Psalm 144 / Proverbs 30 / Isaiah 4 /Luke 17

 

Psalm 144:1,2 ~ Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war… my fingers to fight: my goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Proverbs 30:4,5 ~ Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended?...  what is his name… his son's name, if thou canst tell?  he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Isaiah 4:2,6 ~ In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious… and there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain.

Luke 17:26 ~ And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

 

The names of Christ meet human needs:

He is our Fortress and our Shield. 

Our risen Shepherd safely leads,

And by His stripes we have been healed. 

 

He is our Shade in daytime heat,

Our Guiding Light when it is dark,

And in the storm our Lord shall meet

Our needs like Noah in the ark. 

 

https://quiettimepoems.blogspot.com/ 


No comments: