Friday, June 09, 2017

Clothed with His Comfort


"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, Thou wilt revive me… The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me" (Psalm 138:7,8).  "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, He hath covered me with the robe of righteousness" (Isaiah 61:10).  "The God of all comfort… comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God" (2 Corinthians 1:3,4). 

The comfort of God is a blessing
He graciously gives to His own. 
Praise God!  We are not merely guessing! 
His comfort is clearly made known! 

In garments of perfect salvation
And robes of His own righteousness,
Christ clothes us with justification
And comforts our souls in distress. 

The God of all comfort has spoken! 
There's no other comfort like His,
Whose promises never are broken.  
How faithful our great Savior is!   

We're clothed in Your comfort, O Lord,
That we might be comforters too,
As we are revived and restored
With comfort extended from You.  


No comments: