Friday, November 01, 2013

Holy Helper

“And now, Lord, what wait I for?  My hope is in Thee” (Psalm 39:7).  “Turn you at My reproof: behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known My words unto you” (Proverbs 1:23).  “Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, saith the LORD of hosts” (Zechariah 4:6).  “The night is far spent, the day is at hand… make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof” (Romans 13:12-14).

Our Helper is God’s Holy Spirit
Who leads us in all that is right,
Who turns us from sin when we’re near it,
And strengthens our souls by His might. 

God’s Spirit, whom He has poured out,
Is making His words to us known,
Replacing the darkness of doubt
With light in the Scriptures now shown.

It’s neither by might nor by power
That we run the race to its length. 
The Spirit of God every hour
Will graciously give us His strength. 

The night now is surely far spent;
The dawn of the day is at hand.
The Spirit of God has been sent
To lead us and help us to stand. 

The flesh rises up with its lusts,
For which we must make no provision. 
The Lord sees the humble who trusts;
The proud will receive His derision.

O Lord, we give thanks for Your grace
Which You, by Your Spirit, now give. 
Until we have finished our race,
We need You each moment we live! 


No comments: