Monday, May 20, 2013

Ready Responder

“My heart is indicting a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the King: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer” (Psalm 45:1).  “But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear... For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the Just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit” (1 Peter 3:15,18). 

My heart and my soul have been stirred;
I stand as a ready responder
Equipped with the truth of God’s Word
To answer the questions souls ponder. 

Responses I’ve pondered within
Are answers that others have craved
Regarding salvation from sin
And how we may know that we’re saved. 

I speak now regarding the King;
I’m writing concerning His fame. 
Of His grace and truth I will sing,
And His Gospel I will proclaim.

Declaring what prophets foresaw,
Our evidence thus is unique.
The Passover Lamb of the Law,
Foreshadowed the Lord we should seek.

For Christ also suffered for sins;
To justly redeem the unjust.
He brings those to God whom He wins,
And saves those who in Him will trust. 

O Lord, we give thanks for direction
On how to be meek and yet bold: 
We speak of Your great resurrection,
And show what the prophets foretold!

We thank You, O Lord, for the truth
With reasons we’re readily speaking
That we may thus train up our youth
And answer all those who are seeking.


No comments: