Monday, May 06, 2013

Protected in His Presence

“Into Thine hand I commit my spirit… My times are in Thy hand… Oh how great is Thy goodness… which Thou hast wrought for them that trust in Thee before the sons of men!  Thou shalt hide them in the secret of Thy presence” (Psalm 31:5-20).  “For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble” (Isaiah 57:15).  “Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him” (Hebrews 7:25).  

My spirit is safe in my Lord’s mighty hand;
My times in His hand have been kept from my youth.
In His secret presence He calls me to stand,
For He has redeemed me with mercy and truth. 

How great is His goodness which He has displayed
Protecting the souls who have trusted in Him! 
The cup of our blessings is full, yet not stayed, 
With mercies that flow even over the brim.

He dwells in the highest and loftiest place:
Eternity’s throne room is His habitation.
His judgments are holy, yet He extends grace
To all who will trust Him, receiving salvation.

We find, as we ponder eternity’s height,
That there is another place where He will dwell:
With those who are humble and truly contrite
He lives to revive and deliver from hell! 

O Lord God Almighty, the King of all kings,  
How great is this confidence that You afford,  
Since You are protecting us under Your wings
In Your secret presence where You are adored.


No comments: