Thursday, May 16, 2013

Enemy Engaged

“By this I know that Thou favorest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me” (Psalm 41:11).  “When a man's ways please the LORD, He maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him” (Proverbs 16:7).  “And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the LORD, to deliver thee” (Jeremiah 1:19).  “The devils… tremble… God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 2:19, 4:6,7).

By this I know I have God’s favor: 
My foe has not defeated me,  
For when I call on God my Savior,
My enemy must surely flee.

I am no match for Satan’s power,
But Satan knows he is defeated
When I have fled to God, my Tower,
And trembling demons have retreated.

God’s scepter and His judgment sword
Make enemies to be at peace
With those whose ways will please the Lord:
By His decree, their strivings cease.

The enemy shall not prevail
Against the Church that God will build,
For though they fight, they all must fail:
This prophecy shall be fulfilled.

The enemy at last will stumble
And be destroyed by sinful pride,  
But God gives grace unto the humble,
Who turn to Him and in Him hide.

O Lord, You’ve shown us Satan’s plan:
He comes to steal, kill, destroy,
And to deceive the heart of man,
By every means he may employ.

We thank You Lord, that You advance
Triumphantly with all Your own
With grace for every circumstance
To make Your great salvation known.


No comments: