Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sustained by His Sufficiency

“My soul followeth hard after Thee: Thy right hand upholdeth me” (Psalm 63:8). “And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me” (2 Corinthians 12:9). 

When we have successfully followed the Lord,
We may make the error of thinking we’re strong,
But when we’re corrected, and then we’re restored,
We think on our ways, and we know we were wrong.

It isn’t OUR strength that will cause us to stand.
It’s not by OUR wisdom we figure things out.
It’s only because we’re upheld by GOD’S hand,
That we are delivered from danger and doubt.

We find, as did Paul, that our souls are sustained,
As we are surrendered to Him in our meekness.
“My grace is sufficient,” our Lord has explained,
For thereby “My strength is made perfect in weakness.”

O Lord, we are humbled and stumbled by pride,
When we have forgotten that You are the reason
That we have prevailed when tempted and tried
By grace that perfected Your strength in due season.

We thank You, O Lord, for the marvelous love
That never has failed in our time of need.
We rest in the grace You extend from above,
And trust in Your hand to uphold and to lead.

No comments: