Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Many and Manifold

"O LORD, how manifold are Thy works! In wisdom hast Thou made them all: the earth is full of Thy riches.... I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. My meditation of Him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD" (Psalm 104:24-34).

The manifold works of the Lord in the earth
Are full of His wisdom and riches untold.
Our God who sustains them has given them birth,
And in them His attributes we may behold.

The many and manifold works that we see
Unite in a chorus exalting our Lord.
How sweet are the movements of this symphony
Declaring His Godhead and power explored!

The works of our Lord Jesus Christ, we recall,
Include what He did to accomplish redemption.
His work on the cross is far is greater than all:
It towers above them without an exemption!

O Lord, we give thanks for the sweet meditation,
As in Your creation You daily are praised!
Yet worship excels in the theme of salvation,
As in Your redemption we're standing amazed!

No comments: