Thursday, February 09, 2017

Sorrowful Silence


"Why died I not from the womb?" (Job 3:11).  "I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred.  My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned" (Psalm 39:2,3).  "Wisdom…  crieth upon the highest places of the city… Forsake the foolish, and live" (Proverbs 9:1,3,6).  "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations… teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen" (Matthew 28:19,20). 

There is a purpose God has planned,  
Which He ordained before our birth,
That we might heed our Lord's command
To magnify Him in the earth. 

No wonder David's heart was stirred
When he was silent in frustration:  
He held the fire of God's Word
Which prophesied of our salvation! 

Let wisdom cry in every place: 
Forsake the foolishness of sin!
The Savior knocks with truth and grace
To save those who will let Him in!

Our silence, Lord, is sorrowful,
When we are called to speak instead. 
Instill in us the simple goal
To go and do as You have said.  


No comments: