Thursday, August 20, 2009

Reason for Reproach

"I will say unto God my Rock... Why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me, while the say daily unto me, Where is thy God? Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art Thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God: for I shall ye praise Him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God" (Psalm 42:9-11). "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated Me before it hated you.... Remember the Word that I said unto you: the servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept My saying, they will keep yours also" (John 15:18,20).

I will say to the Lord, my God and my Rock,
When I look for a song in the night:
Lord, hear the reproach of the enemy's talk,
So filled their arrogant spite!

"Where is your God?" they incessantly say;
Their hatred is filled to the brim,
Yet Jesus foretold they would act in this way
Because they have first hated Him.

And so I will say to my turbulent soul:
Why should you now be cast down?
Hope now in God; He is still in control!
Why should your face wear a frown?

Remember the Word that your Lord clearly stated,
And know it is timeless and true:
Since Jesus your Lord by this world was hated,
His servants are thus hated too.

Then live with compassion toward those who hate,
In view of their fearful condition:
Unless they've repented before it's too late,
They'll enter eternal perdition!

No comments: